11.19.2009

Advancements

I met with the Local School Council of Goethe Elementary tonight with the lovely Sociology major Kathryn Haedo.
I am so happy and excited that she is accompanying my in this project. This will be a community effort that I feel will be most fruitful and wonderful when the garden has been established.
We were listening to the LSC deliberate on different important issues within the school- budget, fund raising, funding, school uniforms, quality of education, curriculum, extracurricular activities, etc. The Group was small with the attendees of about 5 parents and three faculty members.
We made a presentation for them to view with our intentions and their responses were very positive.
They offered their support and considerations.

I will write more about the meeting tomorrow!
Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really exciting. Thanks for sharing the details. I'm so glad Goethe is taking initiative. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they definitely are for the proposal.
    Thanks, look to future posts about the garden.

    ReplyDelete